Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best of 2013: September

                          
                        
Mer Blanche

On this Ninth Day of Christmas, my choice was easy. I took other good photos in September, but when I shared this one on Facebook, it was an immediate hit with my many local friends.

Great expanses of cotton ready for harvest is not such a common sight in Louisiana anymore. Many farmers are growing lots of corn instead. Or they are rotating corn and cotton, such that the landscape is more of a  patchwork of colors and textures.

But back in September on my way to Baton Rouge, I suddenly found myself in the midst of a white sea. Huge, fluffy cotton bolls extended as far as I could see on both sides of the highway.

I posted a color version of this on G+, but it is stronger in black & white, IMHO. This is another in the Louisiana Agriculture project.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment