Monday, June 24, 2013

Photographer's Journal

                           
                                 
Quilted Steel

Yes, I love to photograph butterflies, dragonflies, wildflowers and more. But I'm also fascinated by the work of human hands. We too are gifted creators.

Grain elevators dot the Louisiana landscape. This one is in Winnsboro. I shot this for a project I'm involved in on Google+. A group of photographers shoots photos on a theme, then gets together in live, online "hangouts" to share and discuss their two best images on that theme.

This was one of my submissions on the theme "Industrial." The group liked it a lot, but one person suggested I make the blacks a little more intensely black--which I did, just a little bit, and I think it an improvement.

Many complain that online social networking is a waste of time. I disagree. It certainly can be used in productive ways while still being great fun.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment