Friday, May 24, 2013

Photographer's Journal

                                 
                                     
Zarucco Duskywing (Erynnis zarucco) on Lantana

Wow! I'm at one of my fave places--Allen Acres near Pitkin, La.,--and I almost didn't get to shoot today. Cleaning sensor of my camera before heading out this morning, I accidentally turned off one of the "custom functions" that must be turned on so that I can use my old, film camera lenses on my DSLR. Could not figure out what was wrong. Fortunately had internet; went on line to JustAnswers and got help from Mike. Had to pay for the info, but it was worth it. Thanks, Mike, wherever you are!!!!  Got the camera working and went out quickly in the fading light. Shot 40+ frames and this is one of the better ones.

This Duskywing has his head almost buried in one of the little florets that make up a Lantana bloom. I shot about five frames using my 70-210mm zoom. It is really hard to hold that lens still and get a sharp image when it is on full zoom, so I'm pretty happy with this.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment