Sunday, April 1, 2012

Landscapes: Louisiana

                                            
                                              
Between Levees
                                             
                                         
This swamp surrounds a hunting camp between the primary and secondary Mississippi River levees just north of Newellton, La. I access it by a road over the secondary levee off Hwy 65 south. In fact, I haven't explored it as deeply as I would like. I usually stop on my way to or from St. Joseph, La., where I preside over the principal service at Christ Church about once a month.

Swamps are visually chaotic. For the first few years of living in Louisiana, I could not see their beauty. I still struggle to photograph them well, and that is partly because of my wariness of the critters I know that live there. I need to go wearing my snake boots rather than my Sunday-go-to-meetin' pumps!

This photograph was taken with my iPhone 3G and processed in Photoshop.
                                          
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment