Friday, April 6, 2012

Architexture

                                          
                                                     
Aqua Tower, Chicago
                                                                                                 
Aqua Tower is a residential building on North Columbus Drive in downtown Chicago. It is the tallest building in the world to have a woman, Jeanne Gang, as chief architect. I thought the building interesting, but it looked dated to me. I'd have guessed it to be 1960s, but it was built in 2008. It received the Emporis Skyscraper Award in 2009 and was shortlisted in 2010 for the biannual International Highrise Award. I took this photo when I was in Chicago in March to see the Lyric Opera performance of Aida.
                                                 
                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment