Monday, February 4, 2013

Gems of the Sea

                             
                                 
Here come de judge!
                                   
                                    
This French Angel swam straight into my lens when I was shooting macro with my Nikonos II underwater camera. The Nikonos II is a rangefinder camera, meaning you are looking through a viewfinder that shows you approximately but not exactly how you have composed your shot. In addition, the lens must be focused by estimating the distance to the subject and setting it manually with a knob on the side of the lens. So.... I am still amazed that in my great surprise when this beauty swam into my lens, I still managed a good composition with sharp focus!


3 comments:

  1. I wanted to comment, just because I enjoyed the picture and the note about taking the exposure, but all I can say is "Wow!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete