Monday, January 21, 2013

Photographer's Journal

                                      
                                           
Stalwart


I should know the name of this tree! We have lots of them in Louisiana, and I found this one on the steep side of a hill on ULM's Charles Allen Biological Station down by Copenhagen. 

Because I was standing on a trail perhaps 10 feet above the base of the tree, I was eye-level with a section of the trunk that would normally be way above my head. This particular kind of tree I can't name at the moment has flat, silver-gray bark that is always mottled with lichens, some of which are a lovely subtle shade of sage green.

However, this photo is a black & white conversion with just a touch of sepia toning added to warm the monochrome a bit. This treatment seemed to enhance the modeling effect of the low angle sunlight.
                         
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment