Saturday, December 29, 2012

Photographer's Journal

             
                        
Outlining
 

In my online photography mentoring program, our current assignment is to "play with light." Two days ago, I made my first trip to ULM's Charles Allen Biological Station south of Columbia in/near the Copenhagen Hills. I went focused on looking for the many ways "available light," in this case the sun, interacts with a diverse natural environment.

This photos illustrates how light will outline an opaque object, like these dried seed pods. It helps, of course, when the opaque object has a halo of fine hairs to be set on fire by the sun! I especially enjoy how the sun also makes visible the cobwebs that I almost never see with the naked eye.

Can anyone identify these seed pods?

No comments:

Post a Comment