Tuesday, March 2, 2010

iPhone Diary Series: Lent



iPhone Diary: 15 February 2010



                                                  

O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you do not answer;
     by night as well, but I find no rest.

I am poured out like water;
    all my bones are out of joint;
      my heart within my breast is melting wax.

My mouth is dried out like a pot-sherd;
    my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth,
      and you have laid me in the dust of the grave.

Be not far away, O God;
    you are my strength; hasten to help me.

To you alone all who sleep in the earth bow down in worship;
    all who go down to the dust fall before you.

My soul shall live for you;
    my descendants shall serve you;
      they shall be known as yours for ever.

They shall come and make known to a people yet unborn
    the saving deeds that you have done.

--Psalm 22: 2, 14-15, 18, 28-30
The Saint Helena Psalter


No comments:

Post a Comment